FALL FASHION FORECAST
Every season, I like to do a fun little fashion forecast, where I predict what will be popular in advance.
With this season's The Faint of Heart collection having just launched (EEK!) I am pretty much in a celestial, witchy and mysterious fog...and I'm not complaining about it. Here are my fall fashion predictions:
1. CELESTIAL - I've never wanted to wear a merlin cloak more, in. my. LIFE. Okay, maybe just a star and moon pattern kimono? Some lovely metallic embroidery/beading in a celestial pattern, if you're lucky enough to have some schmancy gala to attend? SWOON.
Here are my The Faint of Heart picks to go with this trend:
2. BIG SLEEVES: Oh, my gosh, I am obsessed. I am currently trying (key word trying) to crochet a bell sleeve sweater. I'll report back with progress. I could wear big flowy sleeves all day ere day.
3. OVERSIZED OUTERWEAR-the cozier the better.
4. DETAILS, DETAILS, DETAILS- be it embroidery or beading, it's all in the details.
5. OIL SPILL- Mermaids, rejoice. Word on the street is that a subtle holographic sheen (circa 1985-ish) is making a big comeback. I'm not sure how much I'll be getting on board with this one for everyday wear, but I would wear it as a cocktail dress in a heartbeat.